HELLO NOVEMBER! We can't wait to try
- April 2016: Declutter! Minimalize! Zen-ify Your Spaces!
- May 2016: D.I.Y. Until We Drop
- June 2016: Cheap Thrills: Free Entertainment and "Staycations"
- July 2016: Hippy Meets Hipster: Reduce Our Environmental Impact
- August 2016: Homesteading Month
- September 2016: Homesteading: PART II (Stuff won't stop growing!)
- October 2016: Create Your Own Luxury
- November 2016: Anything Labeled a "Life Hack"
- December 2016: TBA
- January 2017: TBA
- February 2017: TBA
- March 2017: TBA
APRIL: Declutter! Live Minimally! Zen-ify Your Space!
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo: HALF-FAIL (but our closet looks good!)
- The "Decluttering" and "Organizing" sections of HGTV's website: PARTIAL FAIL
- Project 333: FAIL
- The 100 Things Challenge: EPIC FAIL
MAY: D.I.Y. Until We Drop
- Everything Pinterest
- The DIY Network (yes, there's a whole network)
- The DIY section of Popular Mechanics
- PopSugar DIY Projects (Why does this crap keep showing up on our Newsfeed?! Make it stop!)
- DIY articles from the Huffington Post
- "29 Foods You Didn't Know You Could DIY" from BuzzFeed Food
JUNE: Free Entertainment and Staycations
- 16 Things to Do on a Staycation (and we're going to try to do these for FREE)
- 15 Ideas for a Summer Staycation
- 25 Awesome Staycation Ideas
- 22 Ways to Turn Your Home into a Staycation
- 102 Things to Do on a Money-Free Weekend
- Lifehacks: 53 Fun Things You Can Do This Weekend
JULY: Reduce Your Environmental Impact
- 11 Clever Ways to Save Water at Home
- "No Impact Man" documentary (a guy's attempt to limit every aspect of his environmental impact)
- WWF's Recommendations for Reducing Impact: Energy efficiency, smart travel, careful shopping, etc.
- How our modern lighting is screwing over animals and our ability to see the stars
- Sheryl Crow suggests wiping with only one square of toilet paper
- TED Talk: Dry your hands with one paper towel
- Live in a Tiny House
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint: Unplug electronics, change light bulbs, carpool, buy local, plant a tree, etc.
- The Localvore Movement
- Ways to Save Water
- Shut Off Your Computer Every Night
AUGUST & September: Homesteading Experiment
- Couple Starts a Homestead from Scratch in Colorado
- "The Frugalwoods"...a modern couple leaves city jobs and lives to homestead
- The book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver
October: DIY Luxury
- How to Give a Better Massage via LifeHacker (Why pay $80 if you can learn to do it yourself?)
- Glamping...on a budget of course
- Buzzfeed's "32 Cheap Luxuries That Will Make You Feel Totally Rich" is ridiculous. So of course we're adding it to our list.
- Can we make some version of the world's most expensive cocktails for less than $10? Probably not, but we're going to give it a shot.
- Sleeping under a bed canopy is apparently a luxury thing. Umm, sure, we'll try it I guess. Although, I thought you only sleep under nets in bug-infested, tropical areas. Just sayin'.
- Home-made Spa Products on Pinterest